Sunday, April 25, 2010

Meimei



Meimei was born on 23 April morning...

Woke up with pains... Didnt know if they were the real contractions as I did get pain now and then. Doctor said I was 3cm diluted when he checked me on Monday. Since then, I had pain for a while and it will go off. And the mucus plug had been dislocated since Tuesday. After checking the internet for signs of labour, they said labour can come hours or days or even weeks later. Hence, I waited to confirm that the pain was coming regularly.

Woke Dardar up, told him that he got to send me to the hospital now. Put a pad but my water bag started to burst while in the toilet. I changed to a bigger pad before we leave the house. Dardar rushed me down to KKH but he was so nervous that he nearly lost his way...

We managed to get there soon enough. Was sent straight to the delivery suite with strong pains and pants all wet. Changed into their gown and the Midwife said we had to wait some more as I was just 8cm diluted. The wait was faster than expected this time, I think after 5 mins, I was told to push.

I think Meimei was out after 15 mins. Unlike Hanhan, she gave a loud cry immediately after she was out. Doc didnt come until it was about 1 hour later. There was a lot of stitching to be done. After the pain, after the rest, I cannot calm down enough to let him do it. Lol...

They gave me the gas mask. I pressed it too hard against my face that when all were done, Dardar said my face got the gas mask mark. Was sent to ward around 5+am. Dardar was hungry and went down to buy food, afterwhich the nurse refused to let him in because they said the visiting hours were over.

Maybe it was due to my thyroid condition? I cannot calm down till 11+am... However, was very glad that Meimei was able to be with me. She was a full term baby so she can come out of the nursery. Was also very happy that everybody came down to visit me at the afternoon visiting hours. :)