Monday, June 27, 2005

Nice Weekends

Mum is okay but Grandaunt has 2 stones near her urinal track. She is very worried and brooding over it too much. Hence, I invited her to our karaoke session on Saturday. At first, she was hesitating but she readily agreed when I asked my mum to invite her.

We had lot of fun. Hahaha... Dont you under-estimate my grandaunt and mum. They are really pretty hip people. They can sing Fish Leong's songs very well! Hehehe... Grandaunt enjoyed herself so much that she danced with Serene while my mum sang. ^-^

We shopped around Tampines after Mum and Stella left to go home early. Sara wanted a blouse and Grandaunt bought it for her. Then Serene treated us to Ice-Kachang. That night, we ordered KFC for dinner. Hahaha... Sara, I think you can understand why I always say I eat too/so much when I am with Grandaunt now. Lol...

Initially, Grandaunt asked if I would be staying overnight at her place but I cant. Hence, she suggested staying at mine. That night, we watched the Inuyasha movie together and chatted till 2.30am before we went to bed. We talked about a lot of things, reminisced about the past. One of which was my great-grandmother's funeral. It seemed so long ago and yet so near, I miss her.

Dad took leave on Sunday. Actually, Grandaunt and I planned to leave early to go to Causeway Point. Since my dad was going to cook, we decided to leave after lunch. We changed our destination as well. We had Assam Fish Head, Stir-Fried Brocolli, Onion Eggs and Old Gourd Pork Ribs Soup for lunch. And we went to Orchard instead.

First, we dropped by Mum's part-time job workplace, Isetan. Heard my mum said that there is a hakkaido food fair at the basement, so we headed there next. It was very crowded. Some of the stalls let you sample their products. However, we did not buy anything as we feel that they are expensive. Just a simple rice cake costs $2.20 each. I like the cheese cake I sampled, it tasted very nice. It is a pity that I did not get to sample the chocolate cake as well.