I sympathized with Deed... Especially after the encounter with our Mr OST. Luckily, I was in a better position than she was? In the sense that I was responsible for my work while he can be "made" responsible for his...
From the beginning I was really stressed and upset by him...
Taught him nicely, told him that if he didnt understand anything, please double check with me. He thought he knew but did all the wrong things. No matter how many times I rectified him, it seemed that they were all fallen on deaf ears.
Asked him to amend his mistakes and he sat on things. Probably hoping someone will take it off his hands, which I at first did. I helped him clear up his mess because I cannot take it lying there. He was supposed to be my assistant, his duties were part of mine.
Eventually after many months, I just closed my eyes to whatever he did... I forced him full responsibility of his work, by making him did the/each full job. I didnt want to interfere and I didnt want to know.
When people questioned why something was done wrongly or why something was not done, I just told them to look for him because he was the person in charge of that particular job.
Nevertheless, he still caused me a lot of anguish and stress. Hence, I can understand what Deed was going through...