Wednesday, October 07, 2009

Ah Ma

Ah Ma had a fall on Sunday evening. Everything happened so quickly and so unexpected... Nobody expected that we will loose Ah Ma... Just like that...

The fall caused a blood vessel to burst and it was found out that there was an older more concentrated clot at the right side of her brain. Ah Ma never regained consciousness, being in coma after being brought to the hospital in an ambulance.

Doctor suggested that they operated on her to get rid of the old clot in order to reduce pressure on her brain. It was to life save her but she didnt make it. After the operation, bleeding occurred which worsen the condition. She had only a few days to live...

I cried each time I went to visit her at the hospital, making Dardar cried along with me too. I cannot bear to see her lying there... I cannot bear to let her go... Our headstrong Ah Ma who would push my hands away when I wanted to hold her in case she fell. "No need. No need. I can. I can"

Ah Ma passed away quietly this afternoon...

We were glad that she had no pain. We were glad that the whole family just celebrated Mid-Autumn together. We were glad that we had taken Didi's graduation photos together. We were glad that we had given you a great-grandson to dot on. We love you, Ah Ma.