Cyclone Nargis hit Myanmar on Friday night. Reports said that thousands were dead in the natural disaster. Things in the office were still calm. Words from our Myanmar office that all the staffs were safe except for the damages caused to their homes, the warehouses and goods.
I sensed their eagerness to get moving again, to start doing business. I guess that is the difference between the rich and the poor... Heard that there is no electricity except for those who had generators. No fresh water and limited food supply. The rich should be able to afford but not the poor...
On a happier note...
I went for my checkup today and Pastries came by for a visit. Hehe... Thanks dear. :) We had a good chat. She said my tummy looked so small. Well well... Hmm... I am putting on weight so am healthy and baby's growing. Hehe... So dont worry too much. :) You have to take good care of yourself too. Rest more whenever you can, ok?
Ate up the chocolate cake she bought me, after she left. Yummy yummy... Told her how much durians I had lately, my dear Louye went and bought some more on our way back. Lol... Well, he doted on me and baby mah. He also bought jackfruits, persimons and jambues. Hehe...
Next appointment is on Thusday morning. After today's audio check, I supposed they are going to have an ultrascan to check visually on the baby's heartbeat? Yeah, gonna see baby again. Hehe...
On a lower note...
1st Choice tried to call me but I didnt pick up the phone. Maybe, they wanted to try settle the stuffs without Case. However, I/we have no interest in interacting with them. Leaving it to Case fully to settle as they had already caused us enough anguish as it is. Argh!
On a higher note...
Am going to go for holiday again if all goes well. The trip is scheduled in the June. The Kwok family is planning to go to Thailand/Bangkok for 5 days, a group of 10 people.
Initially, was thinking about visiting Sukhothai but it is 400+ km from Bangkok. Erm... And Dar dar said there is nothing much to see in Ayutthaya. Hence, we are setting our sights on Lopburi.
None of us had been there. It seems interesting that it is an ancient city and had a museum. Too bad that we missed the sunflower full bloom. Hehe... Looking forwards to the trip! As it will also be after the detailed scan of my baby. Probably going shopping for baby's stuffs after learning its gender too? Hehe... ^-^