Monday, July 25, 2005

Esplanade



I went to the Esplanade with my friends on Saturday. We had lots of fun.

This year, our National day parade will be held at the Padang. A number of roads will be closed for the event. Saturday happened to be one of the preview/rehearsal. There were many people and police around. From graduates who were just there to take photos to people who wanted to have a closer look at the fireworks display later on and took photos.

At 5pm, police blocked up the closed roads. Lol... Hiong and I walked a long way back to the Esplanade because we were at the wrong side of the bridge when they blocked it. We had arranged to meet Pk at the Esplanade. We had to walk to City Hall and travelled via the Citylink to the Esplanade.

We saw the helicopters and the airplanes. They gave an excellent performace. No wonder a lot of people want to go to the parade despite it being so hot and crowded. It gave me a very wonderful feeling just being near there.

Then later, we saw the army vehicles... The tanks, signal trucks etc... I was like a little kid, waving and waving to our soldiers. Lol... Then we moved downwards, nearer to the sea to see the fireworks.

Hiong, Pk and I stood around and chatted as we waited patiently for the fireworks to come. They were so beautiful. Wow... Oooh... Wow... Everyone there was fascinated. Hiong recorded them down in his digital camera. If I can, I will try to show all of you the fireworks, here in my blog.

Finally, we went to Hans in Marina Square for dinner. I was so hungry. Lol... I had a slice of garlic bread and soup, then my grilled pork chop with a glass of orange juice and finally dessert, a swiss roll. I think the pork chop was grilled with rosemary leaves. It had a very fragrant smell. The pork chop was nice except that I felt that it would be nicer if it was more tender. Hehehe...

Thanks guys for the wonderful time.