Love and hate is only separated by a thin line. Of course, most of the time, a lot of things in life are easier said than done. But you can still try. If there is a will, there will be a way, isnt it? It is natural/normal for love to turn into hate, especially when the person you loved so much hurt you so bad. Some people will say, "You dont understand exactly how strong my feelings are." I do, it is only that I believe that hating is not the solution.
When I am hating someone, the ugly side surfaced and dominated over me. I dont think I need to elaborate much on this part. Everyone knows how strongly they react towards the person they deeply hate. After a while, I would start to despise myself for what I have become. Then I will hate that person even more for making me become what I have become... It is a vicious cycle. And the only true loser is me.
What have I gained from the whole process? First, I lost myself. In the worst case, I could have lost everyone around me too. Then, I have proven true to people who had misunderstand my characters because of my bad behavior. And, I wasted a whole lot of energy because that person is not going to be affected by how/what I am feeling. I believe if that person feels bad about hurting you, he/she would have made amendments before you really start to hate him/her.
In 4 words - Simply not worth it...